Privacy / Cookies
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of data, to the legal services provided by Relationship Services Ltd trading as Parting Ways ("the company") Company Registration No 10943593 and to this website.
The company is committed to protecting personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure. All your personal information and the transfer of it to others, will be in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information we collect
Your name, date of birth, nationality, your telephone number, email address, home address and correspondence address (if different). All details in respect of the matter which we are instructed on. It could include Special Category Data such, as racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability.
Where applicable, details of your health and special circumstances which may require us to tailor how we communicate with you.
How we collect the information
We collect information through the company website, by email, post, Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, telephone and face to face meetings.
How we use the information
We register your contact details and record all relevant details in respect of your personal instructions in order to provide legal advice and assistance. We also communicate with you about operational changes e.g. changes to this website or to terms and conditions of engagement.
Legal basis for the use of information
The Data Protection laws allow the use of personal data where its processing is legitimate and is not outweighed by the interests, fundamental rights or freedoms of data subjects. The company will need to process Personal Data for the purposes of the “legitimate interest” it is pursuing. Our legitimate interest is to provide legal advice and assistance to each client. Processing of personal data is necessary to draft documents, provide advice and representation. It may be necessary also to defend any legal claims.
Who may the information be shared with?
The information is shared when applicable with any third persons whom you, the client, authorize us to share the information with.
International transfer of your information
The company is based in the UK. Should there be a need to transfer data outside the EU this will only be done when we are instructed to do so by you.
Your legal rights
• You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Until notice of withdrawal is received, the processing of such information is lawful.
• You have the right to amend your preferences and to object to the use of your information on the basis of public interest or legitimate interests by contacting email@example.com. Until such notification is received, the processing of such information is lawful.
• Where we are using your information for marketing purposes you have a right to amend you preferences and to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Until such notification is received, the processing of such information is lawful.
• If you have any questions or complaints about how your information is used, you can contact our Data Protection Controller, Sarah Hull at email@example.com. In that event, we will seek to resolve your query/issue promptly and to your satisfaction.
• You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office.
Any information provided through the company website is stored on a secure server or those of any third party engaged to provide the website IT platform.
Procedures have been put in place to deal with any suspected data breach including accidental loss, unauthorised disclosure of any information processed.
The company will notify the Information Commissioner’s office where it is legally obliged to do so.
How long is your personal data held?
The company has a set retention period for electronic files of 6 months from the final date of instruction. Hard copy files are returned to each client at the conclusion of their case or instructions. The reasons that the company keeps files after the case/instruction is finished will usually be one or more of the following legitimate interests:
• regulatory reasons
• conflict checks
• the personal data is needed for a related case
• handling possible complaints
• payment issues
Should you wish to have any queries in respect of data retention, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to require us to delete your information promptly if one or more of the following applies:
• the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected it;
• you object to us using the information;
• the information must be deleted for the purposes of a legal obligation which we are subject to;
• we have used your information unlawfully;
• we need your consent to use your information and you have withdrawn your consent;
• to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Managing your information
The company will reply to requests in respect of your personal information within one week of receiving them. However, it reserves the right not to comply with certain requests received, if they are considered to be impossible, inappropriate or there would be a disproportionate effort in providing the information.
Subject Access Request
You have the right to contact the company and ask if we hold information about you and to ask for certain details. You should make this Subject Access Request in writing.
This right means that if you gave your information to the company, you have a right to that information and to port it to another data controller. The company will not charge a fee for this unless the requests are numerous and excessive. In such circumstances, your request may be refused.
Correcting inaccurate information
If it comes to your notice that the information held by the company, about you is inaccurate or you believe that may be so, you have a right to contact: email@example.com. Your request and how it was complied with will be recorded by us.
Third party links
The company website contains links to third parties websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on this links it may allow third parties to collect and share information about you. Any linked third party websites will have their own privacy policies and the company does not accept any responsibility or liability in respect of the same.